Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day Postings Don't Come Around Every Year


Well, it is February 29, 2008. Nothing really interesting to comment on or report other than Leap Day. I spent most of the day teaching voice lessons and giving advice to college students. And I had another funeral. You know, if you change the letters of funeral around you get "real fun." This one was at 6 pm! I have never in my life been to a funeral at night. The family was very nice and grateful for my time. I just told them it was what we do. I had to miss a fish fry at Emma's school, but life goes on.
This weekend I will be singing with a semi-professional choral group in Panama City (Saturday) and in Santa Rosa Beach (Sunday afternoon). I got guilted into it by the director and several of my choir members who are in the other group. I will have a brief rehearsal with them Friday evening and then basically sight read Faure's Requiem and some other choral works. So it looks like a longer than average weekend for me. Fun.
As for other news~ Nothing earth shattering to report. Happy leap day!

No comments: