Monday, January 26, 2009

You're My Only Hope


Well, it has been a week since the inauguration. The earth is still spinning, just in case any Dobsonites were worried the world might indeed come to a fiery end the day after Obama became President. I must admit that I was completely overwhelmed at the whole process. Tuesday at one o'clock, I went home to run on the treadmill (yes, I am back to that again--just can't seem to regulate my weight without it) and watch the inauguration again that I watched the first time over the internet at the church. Since not everyone there is as thrilled as I am, I had to keep it on the down low. No crying or anything. I admit that his speech was not what I anticipated. It got better as it went on. First half: meh. Second half: back to Obama's eloquent form.

We may try to take our children to DC this summer to show them all of the monuments and the museums. Our poor children. I realized yesterday that we have become the Keaton family of Family Ties fame. I am just assured our children will be the most conservative of conservatives, and there Misty and I will be in our old age hippiedom. It is a work in progress, I understand, since no one would take us for hippies now. But wait, our day is coming.

Lots of things are going on around me, but right now I seem to be immune to the craziness. I am grateful for this for now.

In other news: Emma was the "Student of the Quarter" for her class this past quarter. The school no longer gives out "Student of the Month" awards, so this is a bigger deal. Marcia Brady strikes again.

We have become Mormons. Well, not exactly, but we have established a family game night each Saturday evening. We have dinner and play a board game. It is a little cultish, I know, but we are trying to spend quality time engaging our children now that they are getting a little older. I feel like a Dugger. No wait, do they play board games or is that evil?

The girls planted a tree today in honor of Misty's father. Let's pray that the winter does not return. Last week it was in the 20s in Florida. Today it was back in the 70s. I am confused.

Otherwise, this has been a dull week. I really thought change was a-comin.' Help me Obama Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

1 comment:

CaliJames said...

"I really thought change was a-comin.' Help me Obama Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

I threw up in my mouth a little when I read this. I'm not sure why.