Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It Is Official


I received word last night that I had been approved as a certified candidate for deacon's orders. I wasn't exactly worried, but it is nice to know that it is official now. Now I get to complete the process to enroll in seminary and vomit my way back to school. At least I am already half-way through since I already have a Masters degree. I just have to get the rest of my transcripts together and that will be that. In many ways I am looking forward to taking these classes, but I am a bit fretful about how this return to school will effect my current life.
Nothing else significant to report, with two exceptions: First, I have my first worker-related injury. I was setting up handbells last night and I jammed my right ring finger. It is nice and black and swollen even this morning. I never realized how much I use that poor little finger until it hurts to move it.
Second, Madeline woke up this morning at 4 AM with a fever, so I get the joy of staying home this morning until Misty can get a substitute for her class. Wednesday is a bad day for me to be sitting at home, but I guess I should enjoy the respite for a little while. She seems to be doing better now, but we cannot take her to preschool when she had a fever, and it could be that her medicine is working. I am hopeful this is not a portent of things to come this fall. Madeline has been so healthy this summer and I really do not want for her to start getting sick again. Pray for her.
At some point I will have interesting things to talk about, but lately it has seemed too tiring to put my thoughts together in a cohesive manner. I have been reading some significant things lately, and one day I will get to sharing them.
Peace.

2 comments:

CaliJames said...

"I received word last night that I had been approved as a certified candidate for deacon's orders."

Is it wrong that I am a bit saddened and yet curiously excited by this news?

Dr. Keaton said...

Well, it is definitely the closing of a chapter of my life and the beginning on a new one. I am happy, but it is bittersweet as well.

So, no, it is not wrong to be saddened and excited. I feel the same way.