Wednesday, May 14, 2008

E. T. Is My Brother?

Check out these headlines:
Vatican: It's OK to Believe in Aliens.

VATICAN CITY - Believing that the universe may contain alien life does not contradict a faith in God, the Vatican's chief astronomer said in an interview published Tuesday. The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, was quoted as saying the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones. Check out the rest of the article here.

Televangelist John Hagee Apologizes to Catholics

WASHINGTON - John Hagee, an influential Texas televangelist who endorsed John McCain, apologized to Catholics Tuesday for his stinging criticism of the Roman Catholic Church and for having "emphasized the darkest chapters in the history of Catholic and Protestant relations with the Jews." You can find the rest of the article here.

I kind of wonder if John Hagee had known the Catholic Church would allow for the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, he might have waited to apologize.
I do not know which one of these I thought was more unlikely? I mean, aliens I can understand, but John Hagee?

1 comment:

CaliJames said...

I think that all sounds about right. In fact, I think John Hagee might be proof of life on other planets (though, intelligent seems like a stretch). Oh the things you read, young man. Wherever do you find this stuff?